The Movement for Compassionate Living (MCL) is a UK based organisation promoting veganism and sustainable living. Membership is informal, based on subscription to the group's journal New Leaves, with subscribers in many countries.
MCL cite John Woolman, Mahatma Gandhi, Tom Regan, Robert Hart, Helen and Scott Nearing, Richard St. Barbe Baker, Adele Curtis and Henry Bailey Stevens as examples of compassionate living individuals.
- To spread the vegan message and promote simple living and self-reliance as a remedy against the exploitation of humans, animals and the Earth.
- To promote the use of trees and vegan organic farming to meet the needs of society for food and natural resources.
- To promote a land-based society where as much of our food and resources as possible are produced locally.
MCL argue that;
The organisation publishes a quarterly journal, "New Leaves". MCL leaflets and booklets are printed and distributed by Veggies of Nottingham, who also help to promote the work of MCL with information stalls at events.
- Abundant Living in the Coming Age of the Tree by Kathleen Jannaway
- Growing Our Own: A Guide to Vegan Gardening by Kathleen Jannaway
- Sustainable Tree-based Autonomous Vegan Villages (STAVVs) by Kathleen Jannaway